Upgrade VMware Horizon View to version 6 – Part3: Agent installation
- Upgrading the Composer;
- Upgrading the Connection server;
- Installing the agent;
- Upgrading the client (actually it was a new install);
- Upgrading the security server;
- Installing a RDS host
- Publish applications.
The client can be an internal client or a external based client connecting through a security server.
Installation of the agent
I haven’t upgraded the agent because I tend to do a fresh install of the golden image.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 PRO – 32bits
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 BUS/ENT – 32bits
- Microsoft Windows 7 PRO/ENT
- Microsoft Windows 8 PRO/ENT
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 PRO/ENT
- Microsoft Windows 2008R2 DataCenter
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 SP1 STD
- Microsoft Windows 2012 STD
- Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 STD
By default the agent installs with support for vCenter Operations Manager, if you don’t have vCops running you better disable the feature, so that’s what I did.
The next screen asks you to enter the servername of the connection server. Now is your world this would be a A-record name that was registered, something like desktop. In my lab I just wanted to test the installation so I entered the server name, you get the idea.
There is not much more to tell about this, next blog post is about the agent.